Friday, 16 December 2011

Stars are getting friendlier


Artwork by Tania

Small, inspiring changes happening lately. Few things contributed. The first is the book I’m reading lately, “Self-help for your Nerves” by Dr Claire Weeks. A short, simple book about dealing with the anxiety disorder. I wish I stumbled upon it few months ago when I was really in the dark ditch, but on the other hand I’m happy about the road I walked. I feel kind of proud, like a young Sioux after a Rite of Passage. The journey is still not finished but I feel much more confident and strong.

So – the book – great help. Then two other things happened in a row. First I found out that three short stories I sent in the spring for a competition got a honourable mention. Well, I would be more happy if I found myself standing on the podium of winners, but still it was a nice surprise.

The next day I was contacted by a literary magazine I sent some short stories to. They liked them and want to publish it (they printed two of my stories before). What I really liked was that after saying that they want to publish it, they asked me if I've written something else this year, because they would love to read it. It felt so nice. Unfortunately last year wasn’t good for my creativity – changing the country, health problems, financial mess and mental tribulations left me without much energy and inspiration, so I wasn’t really writing anything suitable for print. Still I sent them some of my old stuff, let’s see if they like it.

Basically life is getting better. Some years ago I sent my details to a well known Vedic astrologer and he said that in the beginning of 2012 the influence of bad stars constellations will fade away and my position will become stronger. I’m looking forward to it:)

Anyway – thanks guys for sticking around, it means a lot to me. Also I want to thank people supporting me during last months – Tania, Tripurari Swami, Bart, Anton, Sita, Atma, Colleen, mom, and many others - I haven't mentioned all of you by name but you know who you are.
Loves

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the fine mentions. If it goes online you must link to it (I am super curious now). I enjoy your writing very much, keep it coming Stranger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Sandra, thanks, but if you want to read my stuff, you better start learning Polish now :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that thought didn't even enter my mind. Now I feel cheated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mad, me encanta que las cosas estén yendo así. Enhorabuena!!! Te deseo lo mejor siempre, que tu proceso creativo se manifieste cada vez más y que encuentres el éxito siempre.

    A propósito quién es el astrólogo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear things are looking up! Happy holiday season and may the coming year bring you bounty and joy aplenty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sita - el astrologo es Bhanu Maharaja de Iskcon.

    Goddess - Marry Christmas to u too!:)

    ReplyDelete