Monday, 17 October 2011

On the personal note (overdoing it probably)

So here I go - for the last few months I'm going trough a rough time. Many things contributed to the mess I found myself in - dad's death, moving the country, looking for an apartment, job, health problems, bad shroom trip which scared (scarred) me to death, relationship stuff. All this brought me to a personal crisis I'm only starting to get out of. During this time I was writing and drawing about some of those things, but I kept it to myself. I felt it's too private to share. Here, on the Stranger I published just some drawings, omitting the text they were illustrations to. However lately I'm getting better and maybe because of getting some distance to myself I decided to publish some of the stuff I wrote that time. I seriously hope I haven't become exhibitionistic!:) I think it is just the writer's (or any human's for that matter) need to share.
I wasn't sure how to go about it, but eventually I decided to update the old posts. Before every new text I have added, I placed "update" in red so it is easier to find.

Still I promise - it's not going to be just all serious from now on!:)

6 comments:

  1. It is very candid of you to do this, but like postsecret.com, I think it's important to share if you can. A lot of people will recognize themselves, and be happy they're not alone. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gutsy move, I agree with Jennie that a lot of people will recoginze themselves and feel grateful. I already am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for that. I connected with someone, mission accomplished ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Have you found an expat group in your area that you can join? It helps to find other folks in the same proverbial boat as you..

    We have a huge group in Herning that helps take care of each other and I hope you can find one near you in Cph!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelli. Thanks for the tip. Well, I know there are some internet expat groups around here, but I didn't know they do anything more then discussing stuff. I have to look into it. Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete